ocean's 11

i had my cable out of commission for a while last week, so my only option for vegging out was to watch a movie. i looked through the archives of my dvds and ocean's 11 caught my eye. i decided to watch it again.
dang, i really like that movie. its just a lot of fun. its one of those rare movies where it lives up to its cast. ive often found that movies with alot of famous people in it usually ends up being just ok. often the sum becomes less than its parts. for an example, just look to 'meet the fockers'- an amazing cast and a really stupid movie. but this one actually is every bit as good as you hope it will be. all the actors have their own defined characters that each get their moment to shine and get a laugh. also, the gimmick stays surprisingly fresh. i know exactly how the hiest is going to work, but its still a bunch of fun just to watch them pull it off.
and then theres the music. i just love the music! its certainly nothing i would go out and buy a cd of, but it fits so perfectly as cheesy sixties vegas music. it pumps up the silly fun of the movie to the next level. great stuff.
will all that going for it, how did they miss the mark so royally on the sequel ocean's 12? maybe they will get it right with ocean's 13...

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

Ocean's Eleven brings back bad memories for me. My parents took me to the original version with Frank Sinatra when I was about five years old. Was I bored!