taken

this one is just a good old fashioned revenge thriller. the story is simple, the main character's daughter gets kidnapped and he must try and get her back. the twist comes from the fact that the man who's daughter was taken is a man who does this for a living. the previews said it all when they show the conversation between the kidnappers and the main character. this is where we get the amazing line from liam neeson while he's on the phone with them:
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
right there, that hooked me and perfectly explains the film. i think that that line alone sold the movie and brought it over 145 million dollars! now thats what i call good marketing!

No comments: